- REGIONAL PERFORMING ARTS PRECINCT (RPAP) – CURRENT STATUS 22/6/16
FOPAP’s major focus continues to be one of Advocacy for a quality, purpose constructed building with appropriate performance spaces and state of the art quality acoustics. The choice of site remains with the new Central Coast Council.
We are grateful that the three tiers of Government have been so financially supportive to the RPAP and Central Coast Conservatorium.
The following monies have been committed.
– Gosford City Council $10m
– Federal Liberal Government $10m
– State Liberal Government $10m to RPAP and $2m to Central Coast Conservatorium (this commitment, at present appears to be tied to the Rotary (Poppy) Park site).
– Federal Labor Opposition $20m (as a 2016 Election promise).
The FOPAP Committee has been involved in a continuing dialogue with many people including:-
Lucy Wicks MHR – Liberal Member for Robertson
Anne Charlton – Labor Candidate for Robertson
Hillary Morris – Greens Candidate for Robertson
Adam Crouch – State Member for Terrigal
Gosford, Erina and Coastal Chamber of Commerce (Ali Vidler, Rob Kitchen and Len Sargant OAM (representing Gosford RSL).
Ms Judy Jaeger – Customer and Community Relationships Group Leader, Central Coast Council.
Malcolm Brooks OAM – Former Mayor of Gosford City Council and previous Gosford State MP.
The Hon. Mark Dreyfus – Shadow Labor Minister for the Arts
We have also sought a meeting with Ian Reynolds, recently appointed Administrator of Central Coast Council.
Thank you for your continuing loyal support over so many years.
Mark Thomas (President of FOPAP)
Sally Maer to play Elgar Cello Concerto with CC Symphony Orchestra on Sunday 26 June at CCGS.
Sally Maer in Conversation
Central Coast concert goers will be treated to an outstanding concert next Sunday 26th of June when Symphony Central Coast and soloist Sally Maer tackle Elgar’s sublime cello concerto made famous by Jacqueline du Pre. The work, written by Elgar after WW I, is an extremely lyrical and passionate piece, ideally suited for a performer of Sally Maer’s skill and temperament.
Also on the programme is Shostakovich’s 5th Symphony. Entitled “War and Peace”, the Central Coast Symphony’s concert next Sunday 26th June at Central Coast Grammar School’s Performing Arts Centre, commencing at 2pm.
- an acoustic Concert Hall to seat 600 plus
- a new Conservatorium of Music
- a regional Auditorium
- performance spaces for dance, drama, bands, singers
- a cultural display centre for Indigenous people
- cafes, public spaces
- The annual fee is $20.
- These are exciting times for FOPAP. Be part of the action, and encourage others to join us to make the Gosford Performing Arts Precinct a great place to be used and enjoyed by all.
- Cheque to FOPAP, at postal address above
- Direct deposit – use membership form details on our website